Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A few pics from my recent hunt

A few pics from my recent hunt

Didn't see any turkeys, morels, sheds, arrowheads but had a great time.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Two weeks ago, I got out there before dawn but they had already flown off the roost so I was sol. So I got up at 3:30 (yes that's right) arrived way before sunrise and got set up. That was the morning they vanished.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

You should have shot that decoy. The way he was just standing there and taunting you? He had it coming.

That looks nice though. I didn't get to hunt at all this season, what with the house stuff and all. Now I'm envying you.
    Now don't go ninja-in' nobody that don't need ninja-in'.

~ Diemon Dave

It confirmed to me how much of hunting has little to do with the actual killing of game. I got refueled by listening to springtime and wandering the creek. I really would like to find an arrowhead someday. That would be the best day ever.

Yeah, that's what I really look forward to the most every season. The peace and quiet, occasionally interrupted by nature and experiencing something new.
    Now don't go ninja-in' nobody that don't need ninja-in'.

~ Diemon Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    It confirmed to me how much of hunting has little to do with the actual killing of game.
    That's what all the vegetarian hunters say ...

I got refueled by listening to springtime and wandering the creek. I really would like to find an arrowhead someday. That would be the best day ever.
    Some people are arrowhead magnets. I know a couple of them. I share nothing with them on a molecular level, but everyone else seems to find plenty of arrowheads.

But I do know it pays to spend a lot of time where there were a lot of Injuns ...

But out in the Plains, they were more spread out than here in the East ... Or were they? Maybe you just need to look where they were most concentrated, and maybe that could be easier than here because all the rest of your area is just ... huge tracts of land.

But maybe there were just more of them here, or for a longer time?

I don't no. All I no is that I bet CE is having so much trouble finding Custer's hat because he's either looking in the wrong place or using the wrong metal detector ...

So don't be like CrOoKEdEYe...

But I mean, like, who really nos all this stuff anyway?

Also, keep an eye out for Viking battle axes.

(You never no ...)

Two weeks ago, I got out there before dawn but they had already flown off the roost so I was sol. So I got up at 3:30 (yes that's right) arrived way before sunrise and got set up. That was the morning they vanished.
    3:30 doesn't surprise me.

That they vanished strikes me as odd. Did they get spooked off the roost early? Did they change roost sites all of a sudden? Why?

I think the one thing Plains hunters have going for them, compared to here, is very predictable roost sites. Well, maybe not the **ONE** thing, but you no what I mean ...

Yeah, I'm shaking my head on that one. There were about 4 Toms, 4 Jakes and about 10 hens previously. Didn't even hear a gobble. Going to try again Fri afternoon.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast