Thread: string came off the cam

string came off the cam

when i went turkey hunting my neices husband derailed the z7 i gave him. being skinny and weak i had to crack the bow down to just a smige under 60lbs for him to pullback..i wonder if that had anything to do with it derailing..he draws it back pretty smooth not herky jerky any reasons?

I would look at cam lean at full draw. If the cams are leaning a lot, it wouldn't take a lot of torque to do it even if it was drawn correctly.

If they are leaning, I think Mathews uses tophat style of shims which would be an easy fix at a bow shop. Would definately need a press.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Just because you're skinny and weak doesn't mean you had to turn the bow down for him.

LOL

I've seen people torque their grip so bad that they pop the string. It's not that uncommon.

Help him with his grip, if that's not uncomfortable for everyone ....

This thread is derailed.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp