Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Saddle Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by crookedeye View Post
    i seen it.. nice one. by the way i dont see any pics of swampy bucks on here, matter of fact i havnt seen one on here..does he actually hunt?

^^^^lol

Have had two encounters with giant bucks this year. One was 40 yards and closing fast. He saw me reach for my bow, but I'm not sure how as his head was down and I was moving slow. He didn't blow, just changed course.

Another one was coming fast and veered to follow the creek. Didn't see decoy or it would have been a close shot. After those encounters I've decided to sit in a ground blind. I don't have the mature cedar trees in the area I am hunting which give me good coverage.

Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Looking forward to seeing one of those big ones on the ground. When does your season end? Any special reason you don't hunt in one of those trees?

If you are talking about the cedar trees, they aren't very big. The other trees with no leaves, you have to get up into nosebleed section to not get noticed. I don't do that. I had a stand in one of them until last week and was picked off pretty quick. Most of those trees have poison ivy vines going up the trunk. I've learned about those the hard way.

I just want to draw sometime without it being like trying to do heart surgery while driving in the Indy 500.

Our season ends on Dec 31st.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234