Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddle Hunting

Personally, I would like to be imprisoned for up to thirty days so I can get a break from the nonsense ...

i finally bit the bullet and ordered the cruzer cause i like to cruz..are how ever you spell it. well i least now i wont have to worry about tieing off and breaking my neck. ive been lucky threw my years kinda like floyd was when swampy almost killed him..

Now we need to talk platforms for it..

i have a lonewolf sit and climb for sale its old , but hardly used..i have new belts a hazmore seat on it plus i have a summit seat that works good with it..i have the extra long belts also plus the hand climber seat if anyone wants a good deal on it let me no.

Quote Originally Posted by crookedeye View Post
    i finally bit the bullet and ordered the cruzer cause i like to cruz...are how ever you spell it.
    Do you see what you've done here, Luv2? You've led poor old innocent CrOoKeDeYe down the gnrden path ...

CE, I think I've seen some stuff on using the LW handclimber as a platform. Look into it before you let it go too cheap. I'm not sure how well it will do with the side pressure some guys want to put into a saddle platform, but as a simple place to take a load off, I'm sure it could be made to work.

Congrats on the purchase! I'm interested to hear how you like it and how it works out for you.

Platforms are an entirely different adventure. You have to decide what matters most to you. Weight, size, cost, they all come into play for what you're looking for. I wanted something that wasn't too heavy but still had a decent amount of foot space. I just didn't like the layout of the Tethrd Predator, so I ended up with the OOAL Ridge Runner.

There are new platforms popping up everyday, some of them are really big like a flipping treestand. You have to decide what works best for you. I'm thinking of getting something smaller and lighter like the Solo Scout for quick hunts where I want to be even lighter.

Remember CrOOkeDEye, these other guys are against us now. bluecat is a non-believer & Swamp Fox is all talk. He'll never buy one, he just likes to sound like he's interested and then talks behind our backs.

I'm the only one who understands you...........sucks to be you.

Are you going to use knee pads? Some guys put a pad up strapped to the tree and rest their knees on that. I opted for knee pads, didn't want to have another thing to strap around the tree.

...I used to have padding on/in my knees, now it's all gristle and bone. Like when you take all the meat off of a chicken leg and thigh, that's what I'm dealing with now.

...and remember, if Swampy tells you to use the LW hand climber as a platform....you know what not to do.

Remember when we used to have hundreds of other guys posting.......man we had discussions then. Mostly about whisker biscuits, doe tags, and baiting.

I remember Kenny, he corrupted Swamp Fox. He was a cool guy until Kenny got a hold of him.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast