Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddle Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by DParker View Post
    I think it'd look great with your $3,500 bicycle.

(That's not a dig, BTW...I'm contemplating getting one at some point myself.)
    LOL. I didn't pay nearly that much. If I remember correctly I got them before anyone wanted them and ONLY paid $2,000.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    I don't understand the desire to wear a saddle in and out. (Well, I do, but you know what I mean.) If sweat and sag is not a problem, okay. But sweat is an issue here, and who wants to even have to think about sag? Buy the saddle you like and rig it the way you want to. The longer and tougher the hump, the more the saddle should come off your butt and go in the pack.

Change my mind.

I'm not sure how or why anyone is having trouble keeping the saddle up while walking in. It doesn't move on me, hasn't even budged. I like to put it on at the vehicle because it's much easier to do in the light at the vehicle. Stepping through the bridge is not fun in the dark in the brush. Also can see the leg buckles easier at the vehicle. I like to have as little to do as possible once I arrive at the tree. Already bad enough having to hang the sticks and the platform.

Hot on the way in is not usually an issue here on a morning hunt. Even in the early season it's probably in the low 50's at best. On the last week of the season this past year it was in the teens on the way in. More layers were welcome at that point. Evening hunts in early October can be warm, 60's or low 70's but I'm not going to sweat much more with the saddle on than I would walking in with it off.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2bowhunt View Post
    LOL. I didn't pay nearly that much. If I remember correctly I got them before anyone wanted them and ONLY paid $2,000.00.
    So..how is it holding up so far?
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

OK, not perfect. Anything plastic on it I have broken and replaced already. I've broken the chain guard, reflectors, thumb throttle, display screen holder. Just got the new thumb throttle on, but technically I can't use it anymore in the State Forest.

Class 1 e-bikes allowed, Class 2 not allowed. A typical politician conceived law that makes little sense. I can engage the motor by pedaling but not by pushing a lever with my thumb. Same bike, same motor, same person, just can only activate in a certain way. Why? What's the real difference?

I see the next generation of e-bikes have improved on a lot of the features now, much more sophisticated. Hence the hefty price tags I suppose.

A typical politician conceived law that makes little sense.
    But you repeat yourself.

I see the next generation of e-bikes have improved on a lot of the features now, much more sophisticated. Hence the hefty price tags I suppose.
    Well, that and they knew that once you bought one it would become trendy and demand would skyrocket.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

I'm not sure how or why anyone is having trouble keeping the saddle up while walking in.

It's related to medication the government has been secretly adding to the wells and water lines of white boys: Noassattall...

Note: This is different from a drug of the same name that girls slip in your drink when you go out to the bars.

So felllas, Keep an eye on your glasses ....

You don't want to be in the Police Blotter the next morning among the names of the other guys that got Noassatall....

If I was getting an Eberlestock, I'd be looking hard at this F1 Mainframe with the batwing pouches. Only thing that is keeping me from packs like these is the waist band will interfere with the saddle when wearing it in.

The 2 dump pouches I have on my saddle would have to be moved to the waistband of the pack and I'm not sure I really want to do that. The nicest part of the CAYS pack is they have moved the waist band higher so it doesn't interfere with the saddle when you wear it in.
    It's sounding more and more like a chastity belt.
    "Please, show me where it says protesters are supposed to be polite and peaceful." Chris Cuomo

"Our election was hijacked. There is no question. Congress has a duty to #ProtectOurDemocracy & #FollowTheFacts." Nancy Pelosi 2017

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

"Please, show me where it says protesters are supposed to be polite and peaceful." Chris Cuomo

"Our election was hijacked. There is no question. Congress has a duty to #ProtectOurDemocracy & #FollowTheFacts." Nancy Pelosi 2017

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Class 1 e-bikes allowed, Class 2 not allowed. A typical politician conceived law that makes little sense. I can engage the motor by pedaling but not by pushing a lever with my thumb. Same bike, same motor, same person, just can only activate in a certain way. Why? What's the real difference?
    I have the same problem in SC. I am supposed to carry a deer out from the point of kill with the head attached, but after that I can drive around all over town with pieces parts ...

The regulation, or at least the DNR's description of it, has actually been worded MORE restrictively in the last few years, as far as I can tell/recall. I used to see some daylight between the "point of kill" and where you butchered your deer.

Not now:

SC Code 50-11-400

It is unlawful for anyone in this State to have in his possession any deer with the head detached when the person is in transit from any woods, swamps, fields, or roads. Any person convicted of transporting a deer with the head detached must be fined not more than two hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than thirty days.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast