Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddle Hunting

Saddle Hunting

Go ...

Horse, tree saddle or shopping for some marital aids?
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

I just posted the topic.

I'm not responsible for where it goes from there.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it ...

a guy that went hunting with us this yr had one.. he had some heavy ass sticks then he was talkin about getting a platform for it.

LOL ...

If I ever get into it, it would be without sticks. Otherwise the whole idea of a lightweight set-up is destroyed.

I'd really like to skip the platform, too, but I just don't see how that's not making a hunting trip into a torture session. I have a few old stand platforms or stand seats I might could make into platforms before buying any new gear.

There is a one-stick climbing method, but it's brutal. Not gonna happen in the sunny South during deer season, or with my knees. There's also a two-stick technique which is slightly more sensible but not enough to make me really consider it.

My first buck from the saddle. I ignored everything you told me to do, that was the key to my success.

I used a saddle, I scouted during the season and moved to where the fresh sign was, and I was only 18 ft. up the tree. Remember kids, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    If I ever get into it, it would be without sticks. Otherwise the whole idea of a lightweight set-up is destroyed.
    Really I don't follow you on this at all. Tethrd is coming out with the Tethrd One sticks, 18" long, weigh less than a lb. each. Timber Ninja has a 20" stick you can get with a built in aider, weighs 1.2 lbs. With the Tethrd stick I could also use my Knaider, that will eliminate a stick completely, probably only need 4 to get to 20 feet.

You can also get a small lightweight platform that weighs less than 2 lbs. You can make this as lightweight as you need to.

If you don't want to move around, but want to keep going to your same old tired stands just do it, we don't need you in the saddle hunting community.

Well, well well, congratulations soldier. Is this what Madame Sophie predicted?
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Quote Originally Posted by luv2bowhunt View Post
    My first buck from the saddle. I ignored everything you told me to do, that was the key to my success.

I used a saddle, I scouted during the season and moved to where the fresh sign was, and I was only 18 ft. up the tree. Remember kids, you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

LOL ... Congratulations. Very nice.

Pretty good picture, too.

I like how you stuck the tongue back in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast