Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Veggie gardens

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    Not so fast Chef Boyardee. There are some dishes you might want to consider - okra pancakes; okra sorbet; okra thermidor (Swampy, please check spelling on that); spam, eggs, sausage and okra; okra in a mango reduction with rosemary; okra, spam, eggs, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam and okra and my personal favorite; Belgian chocolate caramel cheesecake with whipped madagascar vanilla bean and white chocolate pudding center with roasted, sugared, slivered almonds and marinated in an orange and grapefruit zest honey bourbon sauce dribbled with an okra glaze and those little sprinkles on top.
    +a boat-load
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

Picture of asparagus. My garden went rogue around mid April.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Asparagus close up.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Tomatoes have kicked into overdrive.
    Zombie Response Team

Nice! San Marzono 'maters?

My "farm" is completely out of control too. The okra is over 6' tall now, and producing between 1.25 - 1.75 lbs every single day. Squash vine borers have killed a few pumpkin plants, and possible a couple of cucumbers, but they've all spread about 4'-5' outside of their beds in every direction.
    - Diemon Dave

These are all Romas but only because the San Marzanos were sold out. I don't know if I can tell a difference.

Here is what I did. Got some food grade diatomaceous earth. Filled up an empty apple juice plastic bottle and drilled multiple holes in lid. Went out the evening and squeezed the bottle which dispenses (puffs) the diatomacous earth over and around the leaves. Those squash borers will get that on them and it will dessicate them as they are cut by the sharp edges. You will need to reapply after a rain.

It works for all insects so I do it at night when bees are gone. Bees shouldn't be on the leaves anyway.
    Zombie Response Team

My blackberries and raspberries are a forest right now. It's embarassing. I guess if you have problems, those are the ones to have.

I wish I had some of your okra.

Planted beets on Sunday where the potatoes had been. I love me some pickled beets.
    Zombie Response Team

Quote Originally Posted by DParker View Post
    Nice! San Marzono 'maters?

My "farm" is completely out of control too. The okra is over 6' tall now, and producing between 1.25 - 1.75 lbs every single day. Squash vine borers have killed a few pumpkin plants, and possible a couple of cucumbers, but they've all spread about 4'-5' outside of their beds in every direction.
    I'm assuming your office mates are getting a little tired of okra too?
    Zombie Response Team

Beats me. We've all been working from home since the zombie apocalypse started.
    - Diemon Dave

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526