Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A hunting related thread on Hunting Country......

You did what you could.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I figured I'd change things up here and start talking about hunting on huntingcountry, that'd be a novel idea ehh?

Season opened on the 1st, I'm going out tomorrow for my first outing. Temps are still in the mid to upper 80's which makes it difficult to think about hunting. Been working my (our) asses of at the leased farms trying to get things ready. We did pick up a new area on one of our farms, was only hunted by the farmer in years past and he and his buddy only shot bucks over 150". It's an area of about 150acres and the woods borders farm fields on one side and marsh on the other which the deer love to travel through. We have 6 elevated boxes on the marsh side and 5 ladders on the field side. Looking forward to hunting the new area this year.
    My land is pretty quiet, I planted sweet corn but the surrounding farm land is all in standing corn still and my corn is brown, theirs is green due to using the pivots for water all summer. Deer don't care about my piddly corn. maybe after the corn is down, I'll start running the feeder again and bring them is. Only have a few decent bucks on camera, all at night and sporadic.
    I'm still running Covert cameras, just got a new cellular one to add to my original cellular and 6 other traditional cameras. I see Spypoint has a cellular camera now for around $150, that's cheap!

You guys even hunt anymore?

All I know is skip work and be within killing range of an evacuation route when the neighbors are cutting the corn.

I'll try to post some pics and stories of early-season kills from my area, but most of them are rifle, and even the bow pics went over like lead balloons the last couple of years I tried it, so ...

If anyone's interested and has a lot of time on their hands, I have a comment one might put to use about hunting early season from pre-dawn late into the morning/mid-day...

Also, I think a lot of people talk themselves out of hunting hot weather when they don't need to.

If you have the right spot (!) and can control your scent (change of clothes, etc) mornings and (yes!) afternoons can be done.

But we don't care if this site ever talks about hunting
    I've always cared which became a problem.

I sought counseling for my depression when after years of effort in the trenches things slid downhill and have stayed there. These days, I check in for less than 30-seconds (my record is less than 10-seconds) with mildly elevated hopes that things might turn around but noooo. In the rare event someone (visitor or regular) posts meaningful or hunting related it becomes hijacked in nanoseconds.

I mean between the 4 folks who check in, who actually needs hunting talk on a hunting site, right? I gave it a shot
    Come to Virginia Jon. We'll plan our empire of online hunting discussion forums.
    Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Ephesians 5:11

Remember the pool party's we usher to have here..I still like hunting ..I sure wish the other 3 would take this more seriously...just wondering ..am I the 4th guy

Hey!

Things are looking up!

Now there's a fifth and sixth guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Peck View Post
    In the rare event someone (visitor or regular) posts meaningful or hunting related it becomes hijacked in nanoseconds.

That's not true. I can log in in a jiffy, but it takes several jiffies for me to hijack even the simplest mumblings. I like to think about things first.

I'd say mathematically it takes between three shakes of a lamb's tail and maybe 27000 pico seconds for any hijacking to go on when you've got between four and six guys google-eyeing a topic lying out there on the table like a dead fish, collecting flies.

Quote Originally Posted by crookedeye View Post
    Remember the pool party's we usher to have here..I still like hunting ..I sure wish the other 3 would take this more seriously...just wondering ..am I the 4th guy

"You're Number One" ... LOL

Or the Dparker got his new sauce de low boiling thing...I actually enjoyed that topic.

If I would have heard another string stopper thread back in the day...I don't no what I would have done..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast