Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A hunting related thread on Hunting Country......

billy, are you eating those hogs? Never eaten a wild one.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

They are edible for sure, but some of them are a little gamey, if I keep anything it'll be the back straps from a young one, I just don't like to mess with them.

Well, Tucker was the hardest sinner.
    He never said his Grace at dinner.
    The ol' sow screamed, the pig did squall...
    He ate the the whole hog, tail and all!
    Music videos thread post 1243 ...

http://forums.huntingcountry.com/for...c-vids/page125

Took 2 more deer yesterday, one was a mature doe and the other turned out to be a button. Have a month left and a couple tags to burn. Good luck for anyone still hunting
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Took 2 more deer yesterday, one was a mature doe and the other turned out to be a button. Have a month left and a couple tags to burn. Good luck for anyone still hunting
    Good for you, Jon. We have just this weekend left (for deer, then we switch to squirrels and hogs), and I've seen exactly one deer in the woods...and even then all I saw was it's ass-end as it bolted from cover and ran as I was walking in.

I think next year I'm going to finally break down and spend the money to lease some hunting land. It has gradually become pointless to hunt the public WMAs in this area.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

Good decision, if you can swing it.

You've got a slicer to feed now. You have to think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Good luck for anyone still hunting
    Nice job Jon. What's the season tally so far?

Still at it until Saturday. Hard to believe I've been at it hard for 3 months and only two deer donated. I blew two chip shots with the bow and two chip shots with the muzzleloader. All mental errors proving (as if I needed proof) that if your head is not in the game it's game over.
    Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Ephesians 5:11

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Peck View Post
    Nice job Jon. What's the season tally so far?

Still at it until Saturday. Hard to believe I've been at it hard for 3 months and only two deer donated. I blew two chip shots with the bow and two chip shots with the muzzleloader. All mental errors proving (as if I needed proof) that if your head is not in the game it's game over.
    Bob, that makes 5 so far. I've donated 2 to FHFH and gave 2 to a friend who doesn't hunt but loves venison and I kept 1 for my freezer.
    Still have this month left and still have tags available. I'd like to pop a few does on my own property with help from a few friends. We also have to try and thin some from one of our lease farms, I'm taking the pistol out for a walk tomorrow to see if i can get one with it. Not sure yet if I'll bring the 357 or 44mag.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678