Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Notes from the turkey blind

Notes from the turkey blind

Thought I'd post up a few pics I took from last week. I'm doing all the things to make me successful, I'm just not being successful.

Was able to ditch the blind and just create a makeshift spot for an ambush.

I've switched up my seating arrangement and no longer carry the heavy chair. With Swampy's suggestion, the pad makes that chair very comfortable.

I also carry the Magnus Bullhead if I have a relatively close shot.

Always fun to be out. Had two Toms walk by me. I purred and clucked and they just said "Meh, no thanks."

Be safe out there people.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

I'm glad I can be of some use ... LOL. Even better if you can get a similar chair with a back on it.

Can you set up at 1:30 to that decoy? I like the little corner you're in and the deke's position, but imagine lots of gobblers would hang up out of range. Try to get them to walk past you ... Throw your call ... work with a partner ... crawl like a lizard ... 220/221 ... whatever it takes ...

looks like fun, them blinds can be a pain sometime..its always good to see around you..dont listen to swampy about crawling around like a lizard.. next thing you no one of the town folks will see you, then the talk around town is theres a Lizard Man down by the creek next to the highway..

next year im getting a heads up decoy, im going to go straight at them!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    I purred and clucked and they just said "Meh, no thanks."
    Floozy.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

the only thing i see missing out there is the Funky Chicken, the funky chicken decoy, alone,, are paired with a breeding hen decoy is a deadly combination,,

Someone needs to come out with a hen decoy with a nose ring, because those are ultra-attractive ... Especially one of those really fine rings that you always think at first is a booger or a loose hair ...

that funky chicken is a game breaker..i was thinking about sticking a stick in the ground and putting one of my fancy red socks i wear occasionally, to mimick a love sick gobbler,..

maybe magic marker in a couple eyes and clue a couple of noodles in for a beak..but then again that would ruin a good pair of red socks

Maybe try a Tickle Me Elmo doll first ... Add a fan or not ... Some quick surgery to add a electronic call with turkey sounds ... Prolly have to go in through the rectum ...

"Rectum? --- It nearly killed him."

+

+

+

+

=

Quote Originally Posted by crookedeye View Post
    looks like me and dano won the contest! we gave it are all this year..it paid off.. i would like to thank are sponsers..

folgers coffe
    comfortfit jeans
    fast track tennis shoes

they made it all possible..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast