Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedbag

What they should do is throw a tax on vegan "food" to pay for all the displaced wildlife that used to thrive on what they want to be fields of tofu and mueslix ---kind of like a sin tax, but call it an angel tax for the do-gooders---and apply that money so that hunters can bring their undressed deer ----Va-va-va-BOOOM!----to the donation centers hassle-free. LOL

Thanks for looking into that, Bob. There are some donation programs that seem farther along than others in each state. Nobody flame me, but a couple that I can name seem pitiful for as long as they've been around. Not their fault, as grassroots volunteers working with almost nothing. But still, a drop in the bucket compared to what they could be, I think.

Throwing out an example: When you only have 12 processors participating in a state with 100 counties, that's a problem. You either need to merge with a more successful program and put your energy elsewhere, or figure out what's not working.

A year or two ago I looked into selling wild hog meat in Texas. I found at least one processor who would buy from hunters. Can't find it now. There were some caveats and some hoops to jump through on the hunters' side, at least, so those might have made things unworkable in the long haul. However, there are programs that will take live, trapped hogs, at least for donation. Haven't come across one that will pay for the meat this time around, though. I know of at least one bounty program, but it doesn't seem to require that the meat be utilized.

uh .... [pause]

... [rummages in freezer]

... Nom nom nom

I'm not familiar with a commercial market for hunted pork, but I know there is for trapped pigs.

http://www.frontierreserve.com/wild-boar/

There are several others as well.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

There was one facility out in the middle of nowhere that was taking in kilt hogs,

but I remember one of the stipulations was that they had to have been kilt no more than x hours ago, and possibly during a specific time of year (winter). If I come across it again, I'll post it. Small possibility I saved it somewhere.

BTW, there is now some knucklehead running around here in a kilt and sandals, and that's on top of the kid wandering through the grocery store in his plaid pajamas and flannel robe (have spotted each of them 2X).... That's not to mention a few other weirdos ... Of which I am not one ...Just sayin' ...

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    There was one facility out in the middle of nowhere that was taking in kilt hogs
    With apologies to bluekitty for intruding on his turf.

Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

LOL ...

Not to hijack, LOL, but you're right about the trap-for-pay operations. I should have noted those.

This is kind of a trip, though (from Frontier):

Our Wild Boar offers you a unique and flavorful alternative to domestic pork providing you with the taste of the hunt without the effort.

Not sure what to say after that ...

Quote Originally Posted by DParker View Post
    With apologies to bluekitty for intruding on his turf.

She's damn fine. Thanks for the pic.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

+ 10 for finding a hog in a kilt.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

He prolly had it saved ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12