Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mass Shooting Solutions Thread

The Official Mass Shooting Solutions Thread

It dawned on me that we probably need a thread to voice some constructive solutions to all of this violence - or at least vent a bit. Since the democrats are focused on taking away guns from the people who aren't connected to the crime, I thought I would offer (at no additional fee) some insight.

Maybe after the next shooting, we can get all scuba divers to give up their gear. Makes about as much sense.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

It's complete idiocy over there on the leftern side. It's truly like they're retarded.

Muskets, weapons of war ---Wait ... Muskets weren't weapons of war?

The police will protect you ...Except when they won't?

Trump is Hitler? But only the government should have guns?

Trump let the mentally ill have greater access to guns. The ACLU picked this one thing to be wrong about.

The war on drugs is a failure. We'll do better with a gun ban.

Armed guards at the bank? They must care about your money. Armed guards in school? Why do you hate children?

I could go on.

And I might, after a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    And I might, after a beer.
    It'll take more than one beer for any of it to make any sense.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

It would be quite ironic to me if this shooting turns out to be the one to lead to the typical ban this ban that gun control wave. Of all of the recent shootings, this guy should have been the easiest one to pick out beforehand. Dozens of police calls to the house, several of them for a "mentally ill" person. A call to the FBI saying he has guns and I think he might explode. Nothing ever done about any of it. The liberals won't say mental health has anything to do with it because they don't want to stigmatize those with mental health issues. Of course, they will stigmatize the crap out of millions of gun owners, that's no problem! I admit, it will be tricky but their has to be a way to stop people who are dangerously mentally ill from having guns without trampling on the rights of everybody else. I wouldn't disagree with raising the age to buy an AR type rifle to 21 which is the age in many places for buying a hand gun. I would also agree with banning bump stocks or any other device that mimics a machine gun but the language would have to be clear to still allow simple modifications (such as a drop in trigger assembly) that don't appreciably alter the function of the weapon. There is most certainly room for improvement but I have zero faith that they'll get it right.

Good points everyone.

How bout the next democratic convention they replace the armed guards with gun free zone signs. Hey, it was good enough for those kids.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Raising to 21 is a red herring considering that age is not the issue. When Dems are willing to talk about raising the voting age to 21 because 18 isn't mature enough, I'll let them advance one square from GO on guns.

We don't have a (standing) draft system now, so raising the voting age is on the table, as far as I'm concerned.

Screw these people who say you can sign a contract, get married, (have sex--GASP!) volunteer for the military and vote, but you can't buy a beer or (now) buy a rifle for three or more more years.

I certainly understand both sides of the age thing, but it isn't an age thing like Swampy said. I could drive an Abrams tank and the world isn't any more dangerous.
    Zombie Response Team

Never mind the fact that if 18 is too young to be entrusted with a rifle, it's sure as hell too young to be entrusted with determining the governing of a global superpower.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

I hope that these morons who are advocating for the Tide Pod-eating generation to vote will see the error of their ways when they're paying for universal I-phones and subsidized fidget spinners.

I will be living off the grid at that point, in a zero tax bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    I certainly understand both sides of the age thing, but it isn't an age thing like Swampy said. I could drive an Abrams tank and the world isn't any more dangerous.

You could OWN an Abrams tank if you had enough money and a very high tolerance for bureaucracy, and the world wouldn't be a more dangerous place.

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast