Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hello from NM

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Good one Luv2, although I'm now vision impaired, I had a similar experience when I was much younger and could see perfectly. Was walking into the woods at my parents house at several hours before light, it was dark, like black dark. I knew those woods and could get to my stand without any light until I heard the sound of a 4 legged creature walking. I leaned against a tree so as not to spook it and the leaf crunching got louder and louder until it was on top of me. It got right next to me and stopped, I could hear it breathing but I couldn't see it.
    I assume it was a buck but can't confirm. It stood right there, didn't move for probably 15 minutes. That seemed like the longest 15 minutes of my life.
    Could have been a Chupacabra or maybe even Loch Nessy
    I know that feeling. Two years ago I was in to the stand early and was at the base of the tree in the dark getting stuff together before I headed up the tree. I had done a scent drag up to the base of my tree. As I'm squatting in the dark I hear something approaching behind me.

It keeps getting closer and I just try to get down as low as I can in the dark. Eventually it walks right up behind me, like just a few feet away. I could hear it sniffing and after what seemed like 5 minutes it eventually walks away.

Not knowing for sure what something is behind or beside you in the dark, is a creepy feeling.

One time at band camp
    I bought a 2500$ family daily driver but drink 60$ bottles of scotch daily.

Okay fellas, I'm not comfortable telling you this and haven't spoken of it since it happened. It still puts shivers down my spine. About 5 years ago I was on an evening bowhunt. I had gotten there in the afternoon and was enjoying the peace and solitude. I seemed to hear a beeping sound and some laughter. It wasn't normal laughter but more like a goofy laughter. Now mind you I'm in a very remote area with no buildings or houses for miles. I hear this occasionally throughout the afternoon. Needless to say I never saw a deer or any wildlife that afternoon. No squirrels, no birds, nothing. As the afternoon waned I'm getting more and more uncomfortable and decide to leave while there is still some light.

As I'm retracing my steps back through the woods, I caught a glimpse of something up ahead about 200 yards. Clowns. Maybe three. The stark contrast between the purple pants, red suspenders and slick white head made it easy to identify. They were moving just ahead of me and every now and then one of them would look back. As I approached the area cautiously I could see where they had been. There was a strand of orange yarn, size 18 shoe prints and a roll of lime green tape that one of them had pulled out of its mouth. At this point I'm doubling my efforts to get back to the truck. Here's where it gets weird.

I made it back to the Blazer, unlocked it and threw all of my crap in the back. Came around the driver's side and to my left I saw them - a small set of tire tracks maybe 3 feet wide and positioned parallel to mine. They had just left the area before I got there. Still gives me the willys.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Quote Originally Posted by luv2bowhunt View Post
    Not knowing for sure what something is behind or beside you in the dark, is a creepy feeling.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you...but that's what happens when you use pastrami for your scent drag.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

Speaking of scent drags.......went hunting with an old GF while she was menstruating, it was during the rut. She and I were only 80yds apart and I watched a beautiful heavy horned buck come right in on her trail and proceed to march directly to her and sniff her ladder. I was just waiting for her to put an arrow through this buck and to this day, I have no idea why she didn't. As awesome as that was, I'd take my chances alone before ever even seeing her again. Evil
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345