Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Colbert, Tigers and Guns ... Oh, my!!!

It's a knotty problem for sure, end this ridiculous silly thread or endeavor on.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

But keep me in the loop no matter what you decide with this twisted thread.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    Trotting over to the thesaurus are ya?

LOL ... Nah, I've got plenty of bait, but the lack of nibbles in this hole has me thinking of pulling anchor.

In the meantime :

Hand over your weapons

“The time is now,” said Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy, “for Congress to shed its cowardly cover and do something.”

Trouble is, it’s not clear the “something” Democrats typically demand would make a real dent in the nation’s epidemic of gun violence. Congress can ban assault weapons, but they account for just a tiny sliver of the country’s 33,000 annual firearm deaths. And tighter background checks will do nothing to cut down on the 310 million guns already in circulation.

[...]

Still, even if we find a way to keep guns out of the hands of people who have engaged in disturbing or violent behavior — no small task, given all the stories of the troubled shooters who slipped through the cracks — it will only get us so far.

The United States’ astronomically high rates of firearm violence aren’t rooted in some unique American propensity for derangement and delinquency. Studies show our levels of mental illness and basic criminality are on par with other wealthy countries.

Other common explanations, like the social fissures created by our racial diversity, have been debunked by researchers, too. The only explanation left — an explanation borne out by a number of careful studies — is the sheer size of the American arsenal. There are 310 million handguns, shotguns, and semi-automatic weapons in American homes, garages, and waistbands.

Ultimately, if gun-control advocates really want to stanch the blood, there’s no way around it: They’ll have to persuade more people of the need to confiscate millions of those firearms, as radical as that idea may now seem.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/20....html#comments

The muddy thinking is becoming clearer.

More and more lefties are talking openly about confishcation.

If you surf around on the inner net, you come across a lot of these triggeredfish. They're not just trawling. Sure, some of them are aholeholes just trying to get you to bite, but I get more sand in my shorts over the hammerheads who seem willfully ignorant. They really think their croaking makos sense, and if you try to discus (!) facts and logic, they remain bullheaded and refuse to mullet over.

+ 5

So, if you use same logic for guns as you would on drugs, it should take care of the problem. For example, you can't own, buy, use, make or sell meth and the meth problem went away right? Right? Dumocrats?

Here's a little tippet for you, "assault is a behavior, not a device".

Sargassum will only get you so far. They think we're the mouthbrooders, but they're just talking gibberfish.

Ruh Roe...them's fight'n words.

I'm all out of clever puns, so I'm just going to leave this here:

Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

Tommy Bonito!

I LOVE that guy!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast