Thread: Muddy vs. Lone Wolf V-Brackets on Climbing Sticks

Muddy vs. Lone Wolf V-Brackets on Climbing Sticks

Does anyone have the Muddy Pro sticks who also has experience with the LWs? Do the V brackets on the Pros pivot anywhere close to what LWs do? I like the LW pivot on weird trees, but I have heard some people say they like the Muddy design better. I don't know what model they refer to when they say that.

I'd like somebody to explain to me why they think the Muddy design is better.

The reason I ask is twofold: I have a little project going on and may want to buy some Muddy Vs if they'll sell them to me. Their website is very weasely when it comes to the question of whether "replacement parts" are available. Danger, legal liability, blah blah blah. What people tell me about the design will determine whether I try to pursue brackets from them or not. I shouldn't have a problem getting Lone Wolf brackets

Secondly, I'm wondering what I'll get back in the mail when I finally get around to returning a Muddy stick I've had for a while. There's been a recall on some 2012 sticks for a while, but I'm just now getting around to dealing with it. I bought one of their sticks to hang stands, because it is double-stepped, and that's just easier physically compared to standing on two staggered steps. The V brackets on them rotates a small amount, but then is restricted by the main tube, so there is much less positioning possible compared to the LWs. I don't know how much practical usefulness is lost, but from experience there is some.

Will I get a stick back with brackets with no, minimal, or unlimited rotation? As far as buying Muddy brackets as parts goes, and depending on what size aluminum tube I can find, I might be able to increase the rotation cpmpared to stock sticks, or rotation might be eliminated altogether. I don't think *increasing* the rotation to match LW is a possibility on a replacement Muddy bracket without a lot of jerry-rigging and experimenting with washers, spacers, etc.

I'd like to know what people think and what to expect before I spend a lot of breath with Muddy trying to buy brackets just because some dude I don't know on the internet thinks they're "better." --- LOL

So ...

Bringing this back up from circling the drain, because I finally got around to calling Muddy about the recall. They want 24-48 BUSINESS HOURS to respond to my voice mail, LOL. I think if you listen to their outgoing message and form an impression from that, I might be lucky to receive a response sometime next week.

Bonus Good News: Come to find out they won't honor their old treestand strap replacement policy anymore since Big Game (or the holding company) bought them out.

Winning friends and influencing people ...

All too common. I've got 3 calls in to a company right now that brags on how good their customer support is. I'll never hear from them.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

If they don't get back to me in a reasonable amount of time, I'll strip it for parts and rejigger my project. Might actually work out easier and more versatile this way, and I might skip replacing the stick altogether. The original purchase was one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time, but never really did it for me.

It was just so much fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post

It was just so much fluff.
    +2
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp