Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rifle/Shotgun Slings

Tell them if they don't cooperate, next time you'll buy a $2300 Benelli....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    Tell them if they don't cooperate, next time you'll buy a $2300 Benelli....LOL
    Tempting...

Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

Imagine showing up for the dove opener with THAT!

Is there an advantage to having the sling mounts on the side of the gun? Just seems awkward to me (visually).
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Probably lies flatter against your body, but I agree with you on the visual.

I don't have the luxury of experience, so I'll take your word if it isn't anything to be concerned about. There are many mount options and they are to the side.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Quote Originally Posted by DParker View Post
    Oh, and I also added the SpecOps Cheek Piece to mine...

It makes a big difference on comfort when you shoulder the gun...and the holder for extra shells and the watertight battery storage are nice little bonuses.
    Does the cheekpiece help with recoil at all, instead of having an unadorned "tube" on or under under your cheekbone? Not concerned so much about an AR-15, but I wonder about something stouter, and particularly about a shotgun.

Also, I think I notice that if you want a shell carrier on your buttstock, you're SOL with a cheekpiece? Surely someone has a solution to that. I haven't tried to figure out if you ever put a shell carrier out past the receiver.

Does the cheekpiece help with recoil at all, instead of having an unadorned "tube" on or under under your cheekbone? Not concerned so much about an AR-15, but I wonder about something stouter, and particularly about a shotgun.
    The cheekpiece? No. The stock itself is what contains a recoil-reduction mechanism.

Also, I think I notice that if you want a shell carrier on your buttstock, you're SOL with a cheekpiece? Surely someone has a solution to that. I haven't tried to figure out if you ever put a shell carrier out past the receiver.
    Although it isn't obvious because of the straight-on angle of the photo, the Midway link shows you the side of the cheekpiece (opposite the side you put your cheek against) that sports a holder for 5 spare shells.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

Well, that makes sense. I saw a stock over the weekend that if you added the cheek piece, you couldn't add a shell carrier, or at least you couldn't add the shell carrier the site was recommending as an accessory. I thought that was kinda dumb, considering they were from the same manufacturer, if I recall.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234