LOL...Somehow I knew that was coming...

I'll let the market decide.

"Editing error."

Yeah. Ok.

LOL

In Case You Missed It:

ESPN under fire for taking announcer off UVA game

"My name is Lee. Robert Lee."

Okay, I know it's game-calling and not really journalism, but does anyone doubt the same thinking would apply at ESPN if Lee were reporting or doing analysis vs. broadcasting games?

According to an ESPN executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the situation, ESPN asked Lee if he would be more comfortable calling another game but gave him the option to stay. Lee chose to switch assignments, and ESPN accommodated him.

It seems ESPN was hoping to shield their employee from any potential ridicule or embarrassment. Instead, they made a mountain out of a molehill and the entire thing has backfired spectacularly.

ESPN released the following statement: "We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It's a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue."

[Emphasis mine]
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...sts/592458001/
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/23/medi...ame/index.html

You know that you've reached peak stupidity when even MSNBC is mocking you for political correctness. But I'd also like to know what kind of weasel pen you have to live in to have to give straight-news background only on condition of anonymity because of the "sensitivity" of the "issue" your employer created all on its lonesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    You know that you've reached peak stupidity when even MSNBC is mocking you for political correctness.
    Excellent point. My son and I were laughing our asses of over this last night. ESPN has been a joke for years anyway, so maybe they've just resigned themselves to embracing their stupidity.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

I missed it last night, so I haven't been able to stop laughing all morning. I'm just hoping it will stop before I have lunch, or I'll get the hiccups.

I should be thanking them though, because now, no matter what dumb things I do for the rest of the year, and no matter how stupid I feel for doing them...I can console myself by simply saying, "Well, at least I'm not ESPN management."
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

I just heard about it. Unbelievable.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

More nonsense from ESPN, and it makes them look even worse:

ESPN: We Replaced Robert Lee As Broadcaster Because We Feared Dank Memes

Every employee of this fading garbage network should be ruthlessly wedgied until they apologize.

“Eventually.” Imagine this poor bastard being pulled aside by the imbeciles who run ESPN and being, ahem, “asked” not to cover the UVA game because he happens to share a name with a long-dead Confederate at the center of a renewed public debate over white supremacy and memorials. And when he wanted to know why, they wouldn’t even tell him the truth, that they didn’t want to risk getting cross-wise with the left on its latest crusade even by coincidence. “Because of the memes,” they told him.

Because of the memes. How are they doing meme-wise this morning?

Supposedly Lee gave in … “eventually.” The least the network could have done for him would have been to say "He fought us all the way on this.” Instead they made him complicit in idiocy to cover their own tracks. He should change his name to Stone Walljackson out of spite and demand to cover only SEC games from now on.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/08/2...ed-dank-memes/

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast