Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Journalism Awards Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    LOL!
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

Stop, I say stop it, boy! You’re doin’ a lot of choppin’ but no chips are flyin’!

---Foghorn Leghorn

Wow.

I'm hearing how brave these women were for coming forward. Soon they will all be recognized by Oprah (my thoughts).

Yeah, they were so brave for keeping it in for 20 years so others wouldn't be subjected to the same sort of harassment or worse.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

+ 3
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

I don't know. Beyond fear, ambition and intimidation---and some "It's not my place to get in between him and her" --- I'll bet there's another dynamic at play: Can we say many of these women would have known one another so that warnings were possible without putting them on blast, or that the women would have had contact with the bigger names who probably were aware of the "open secret"? Sometime the small fish don't have the same idea about what's going on in the pond that the big fish do.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are at least one or two who felt "This is just something I have to put up with in this business" at the time, but who won't turn down any hero awards or high profile interviews now.

I don't know. Beyond fear, ambition and intimidation---and some "It's not my place to get in between him and her" --- I'll bet there's another dynamic at play: Can we say many of these women would have known one another so that warnings were possible without putting them on blast, or that the women would have had contact with the bigger names who probably were aware of the "open secret"? Sometime the small fish don't have the same idea about what's going on in the pond that the big fish do.

On the other hand, I'm sure there's at least one or two who felt "This is just something I have to put up with in this business" at the time, but won't turn down any hero awards or high profile interviews now.
    Well, in at least one case (Rose McGowan, who has been the loudest of the virtue signalers....*after* The New Yorker spilled the beans) there was a $100,000 check from Weinstein that bought her silence...which makes her excoriating others for covering for him that much more hypocritical.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast