Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Bowhunting Blinds Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by crookedeye View Post
    i really like the wild thing pack..i take off the two side panels and use it like that , i can strap my bow, chair, decoys,calls,subway sandwich and a coke..you wouldnt think it would make it lighter with the two panels left off but it does..

i have the magnus chair one also which is pretty nice.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Sling bags and chest packs are your friend, LOL.

So is an electric buggy.

For true: I saw a thread somewhere a while back entitled something like "How Do You Get All Your Blind-Hunting Turkey Gear In the Woods?" and one of the replies was a photo of a massive DB blind (probably the 27-pounder, LOL) set up on a field edge with a Gator or some such parked beside it..

I about fell out of my chair laughing.

You can always cut a little weight and leave your bow at home...
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    Sling bags and chest packs are your friend, LOL.

So is an electric buggy.

For true: I saw a thread somewhere a while back entitled something like "How Do You Get All Your Blind-Hunting Turkey Gear In the Woods?" and one of the replies was a photo of a massive DB blind (probably the 27-pounder, LOL) set up on a field edge with a Gator or some such parked beside it..

I about fell out of my chair laughing.
    I generally park behind the blind but okay, to each their own.

The problem with chest packs is that if you like to wear your binos on the hike in or out, or your chest pack while you hunt, you have to work around the two pieces of gear to make them compatible. (Binos under armpit, or chest pack mostly occupied by binos, etc.)

This is a great solution, I think, because you can wear a bino harness under or over, and a pack or blind bag (or treestand) over:

http://www.ribzwear.com/

One zippered duffle for bow, one zippered duffle for seat and decoys, one blind and a backpack.

Binoculars are the last thing on my mind at this point. It all has to come off in the reverse order it went on. last in - first out.

For some reason, when I think of hauling a lot of gear in the woods, I think of Benny Hill dressing and undressing in fast-motion...

Let me rephrase that: I think of fast-motion scenes from the Benny Hill *SHOW*...LOL

http://www.theonion.com/article/brit...enny-hill--848

Another highly controversial aspect of the tapes is the frequent appearance of the "Hill's Angels," a chorus line of scantily clad dancers whose alleged gyrations sparked a 1994 U.N. petition for full disclosure of the tapes.
    I bet they really enjoyed those.

Benny Hill...still funnier than 99% of what's on Comedy Central.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

Since you guys are actually discussing something hunting related for at least 60% of this thread, I'll chime in.
    I wanted a medium size and weight hub style blind that didn't cost 2 arms and a foot, found the Ameristep Battlefield Kryptek camo. Once you figure out how to set it up (top first, then sides) it's very simple and takes about 40 seconds to setup. The windows are screen (velcro'd in) with blackout panels that are hanging down until you want to install them. Has plenty of room and allows a 360deg view.
    Lightweight and has survived several seasons of use although the seams are the typical made in china crap that you can see daylight through.
    Comes in a carrying bag with a long harness that you can throw across your back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast