Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Official Bowhunting Blinds Chat Thread

That's reasonable. Thanks Swamp.
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Looks like they are 25 pounds which is more than the Dark Horse.

You can pick up a Dark Horse for only 1,000 here

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Primos-Da...Blind/16651362
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

LOL...

I'm not in the market for any more blinds, but I'm keeping an eye on it. I'd like to see what they come up with for Gen 2. I also still haven't gotten around to measuring my own footprints for comparison. I did make a little progress toward organizing my Ameristep repair, though, so I haven't been a complete waste, LOL.

Random thought / observation: (in regards to ground blinds with shoot through windows)

This past fall, my youngest son and I were hunting some river bottom lands looking to fill his doe tag. This was during rifle season; he was shooting a .308 Win, and we were sitting in my Ameristep Brickhouse blind. He had several does come within range over the course of the afternoon, but each time, they were not in a good position or near the little shooting port holes. After several hours of this, with our frustration growing...he asks me if they come back, or another doe shows up, can he shoot through the screen window...

Well, I think it over a minute and I say to him, "Well, they're made to shoot through with bow, but let me kick that around a little more...just see what happens first."

After another 45 minutes or so, out comes a couple decent does, and they feed / mossy over within range. He is on them with the scope, and asking me, "Can I take the shot? Can I take the shot?"

In the heat of the moment, and against my better judgement, I say, "Yea, go ahead."

BOOM!!!!! The whole inside of the blind puffed up and instantaneously settled back down as the concussion occurred / expanded the air in there. I thought it felt like the hat on my head shifted a little too.

-It was without a doubt the loudest freaking report I have ever heard in my life!!! I look over at him, and he's looking at me with this pained expression on his face, as my ears were screaming and ringing, both of us momentarily deaf it seemed.

We laugh about it now, and we learned the hard way for sure...those screen windows; only shoot through them with broad-heads, not rifles! (By the way, it shredded the screen pretty badly too.)

LOL! Did he at least bag the doe?
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

He did! His shot was a little off...and I couldn't figure out if was due to the screen or just his shooting.

I distinctly remember when blinds with shoot-through mesh first came out that they were sold on the ability to shoot rifles through. I don't remember a little barrel port or any such. I am replaying a TV ad in my mind as I type.

I wonder if anyone [ahem!] could find a vintage ad on youtube in their spare time and back me up. I'm not going to bother; at least that's my present inclination. Of course, it could be that my memory is faulty. But I remember what I remember!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789