Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Turkey Contest Reporting and Tall Tale Thread

LOL...Well that's weird...I was gonna make a "Scruffy" joke, and lo and behold...

Maybe Scruffy thought he'd found a girlfriend.

Good looking mutts....'cept that one in the middle.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

LOL! You guys, I swear.

Last year, we were hunting out of Barronett blind. The central window is too high so I crouched down, drew bent over and then raised up. My arrow had fallen off the rest but I didn't realize it. Missed a really nice Tom that way. This year, we had an Ameristep blind. The side windows allow you to shoot while sitting. Nice design. Not super high quality but the windows are nice. I mentioned I cut the netting out of my Double Bull T2. I'm going to get the camo covering you mentioned and drape that over the blind. I should be good to go with a really lightweight blind with no window obstructions.
    Man is not free unless government is limited. Ronald Reagan

One of my favorite blinds is an Ameristep which I liked so well I bought several, but I kept breaking poles at the hubs. Replacements are expensive, but if anyone's looking and having a hard time locating, I might be able to help. Window set-up on that blind would be nearly perfect if it used magnets instead of loop-and-button.

I might put up a separate thread tonight or tomorrow with some other thoughts about blinds, unless someone beats me to it.

The loop and button wouldn't be too bad except the loops are small and it takes a contortionist to get the barrel in the loop. Andy sliced his finger pretty good on the hub trying to get it packed up. He's a recurve shooter and this was his shooting hand. After I bandaged him up, he was done for the day. So, what is so difficult about making a good blind? I don't get it.

Official Bowhunting Blinds Chat Thread:

http://forums.huntingcountry.com/for...ds-Chat-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post

Beautiful plumage.
    Nice job!! Great lookin pups and a beautiful bird!!

nice birds gents..bluecat are you sure that isnt one of those vulture lookin birds?

Quote Originally Posted by crookedeye View Post
    nice birds gents..bluecat are you sure that isnt one of those vulture lookin birds?
    Damn, I thought it looked kinda funny. We'll see if it tastes worth a darn. It was circling us for a few hours before it descended into the decoys.

Quote Originally Posted by crookedeye View Post
    ... vulture lookin birds?
    LOL...

There's an old joke---more of a story, really---of an obnoxious city slicker who goes south to hunt turkeys (sometimes it's Osceolas in Florida) because he hears how challenging they are. As best I can remember it, he meets the game warden on the road and brags how he didn't find them tough at all. In fact, he'd killed twelve that morning. The warden's head's about to explode, and he asks the guy to open his trunk so he can see the birds. Lo and behold, it's twelve turkey vultures lying in there, stinking up the place.

The guy's still going on about his hunting prowess, and the warden says to him, "Well, you're right. I've never seen anything like this. For you to come all the way down here and kill twelve of them in one day really is special. You're over the limit, but I'm inclined to let you go just because you're such an amazing hunter and an all-around great guy."

"And on top of that," says the warden, taking out his notebook and a pen, "I want you to have a recipe for turkey perlo that's been in my family since before the war."

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast