Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Joke of the Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DParker View Post
    "Grass, gas or ass...they all stink."
    fify
    Sometimes more than others:

Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    There's raw bacon, there's fried bacon, back bacon, double-smoked bacon ... Every imaginable kind of cured pork. Even Canadian bacon.
    - Diemon Dave

I thought they were slightly different, eh?

So I went looking and it seems ALMOST like one of those fine-as-frog-hair distinctions. Most sites I skimmed seemed not to make any distinction at all (quick read) but I did find this, which seems to mark a contrast:

Back bacon is a cut of cured bacon sliced to include both the pork loin from the back and a bit of pork belly in the same cut. It is much leaner than American style side bacon made only from the pork belly. Back bacon is derived from the same cut used for pork chops.[1] It is the most common cut in Britain and Ireland, where both smoked and unsmoked varieties are sold.[2]

"Canadian bacon" or "Canadian-style bacon" is the American name for a form of back bacon that is cured, smoked and fully cooked, trimmed into cylindrical medallions, and thickly sliced.[3] "Canadian" bacon is made only from the lean eye of the loin and is ready to eat. Its flavor is described as more ham-like than other types because of its lean cut.[3]

The term "Canadian bacon" is not actually used in Canada, where the product is generally known simply as "back bacon" while "bacon" alone refers to the same streaky pork belly bacon as in the United States.[3] Peameal bacon is a variety of back bacon popular in southern Ontario where the loin is wet cured before being rolled in cornmeal (originally yellow pea meal). The bacon is then sliced and fried or can be baked whole and then sliced. It is never smoked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_bacon

Of, course, it IS Wiki, so take all that with a pinch of curing salt.

Eh, what do I know. I rely on these guys as my authoritative reference source:

- Diemon Dave

Freakin' Canadians...Messing everybody up...

A preacher was explaining that he must move on to a larger congregation that will pay him more.

There is a hush within the congregation --- no one wanted him to leave.

Joe Smith, who owns several car dealerships in the city, stands up and proclaims ....
    'If the Preacher stays, I will provide him with a new Cadillac every year, and his wife with a Honda mini-van to transport their children!'

The congregation sighs in relief, and applauds.

Sam Brown, a successful entrepreneur and investor, stands and says, 'If the Preacher will stay on here,
    I'll personally double his salary, and also establish a foundation to guarantee the college education of all his children!'

More sighs and loud applause.

Sadie Jones, age 88, stands and announces with a smile, 'If the Preacher stays.... I will give him sex!'

There is total silence.

The Preacher, blushing, asks her, 'Mrs. Jones, whatever possessed you to say that?'

Sadie's 90-year-old husband Jake is now trying to hide, holding his forehead with the palm of his hand, and shaking his head from side to side, while his wife replies, 'Well, I just asked my husband how we could help and he said, 'Screw him!'

Isn't senility wonderful?

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

A cowboy rode into town and stopped at a saloon for a drink.

Unfortunately, the locals had a habit of picking on strangers. So when he finished his drink, he found his horse had been stolen. He went back into the bar, twirled his pistol, flipped it into the air, caught it above his head and fired a shot into the ceiling.

"WHICH ONE OF YOU SIDEWINDERS STOLE MY HOSS?" he yelled.

No one answered.

"ALL RIGHT, I'M GONNA HAVE ANOTHA' BEER, AND IF MY HOSS AIN'T BACK OUTSIDE BY THE TIME I FINISH, I'M GONNA DO WHAT I DONE IN TEXAS! AND I DON'T LIKE TO HAVE TO DO WHAT I DONE IN TEXAS!"

Some of the locals shifted restlessly. There was some mumbling. The cowboy had another beer, walked outside, and his horse was back!

He saddled up and turned to ride out of town, but before he could leave, the bartender came out to the street and said, "I gotta ask, stranger: What happened in Texas?"

The cowboy turned back and said, "I had to walk home."

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    So I went looking and it seems ALMOST like one of those fine-as-frog-hair distinctions. Most sites I skimmed seemed not to make any distinction at all (quick read) but I did find this, which seems to mark a contrast:

Back bacon is a cut of cured bacon sliced to include both the pork loin from the back and a bit of pork belly in the same cut. It is much leaner than American style side bacon made only from the pork belly. Back bacon is derived from the same cut used for pork chops.[1] It is the most common cut in Britain and Ireland, where both smoked and unsmoked varieties are sold.[2]

"Canadian bacon" or "Canadian-style bacon" is the American name for a form of back bacon that is cured, smoked and fully cooked, trimmed into cylindrical medallions, and thickly sliced.[3] "Canadian" bacon is made only from the lean eye of the loin and is ready to eat. Its flavor is described as more ham-like than other types because of its lean cut.[3]

The term "Canadian bacon" is not actually used in Canada, where the product is generally known simply as "back bacon" while "bacon" alone refers to the same streaky pork belly bacon as in the United States.[3] Peameal bacon is a variety of back bacon popular in southern Ontario where the loin is wet cured before being rolled in cornmeal (originally yellow pea meal). The bacon is then sliced and fried or can be baked whole and then sliced. It is never smoked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_bacon

Of, course, it IS Wiki, so take all that with a pinch of curing salt.
    How can you include both the pork loin from the back and a bit of pork belly in the same cut?
    I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Seriously, this is not a joke...

Here's what I found quickly...Start at 2:43...Kinda cursory, but you might get the idea. If you look for a pic of "back bacon" you'll see it's just a little tag of belly at the bottom of the loin meat.

Page 57 of 82 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast