Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Electric Mountain Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post

How long after the shot before you put the dog on him?
    I shot the buck around 7:00 AM and he stood about 50 yds away in the brush for about an hour. He never laid down, just had his tail flicking and his head hung down. From the time and reaction I knew it wasn't good, so after the buck finally moved off, heading into the thick clearcut, I got down and left. Never even went over to look for blood where he was standing for so long, I just found my arrow and left. It had what I'll call 'regular' colored red blood on it.

I went back in around 1:00 PM, 6 hours later, and found decent blood where he had been standing but the blood trail petered out at the logging road that parallels the thick clearcut. I knew he had crossed the logging road and went in there but couldn't see a blood trail. I decided then to try and get a dog tracker. I went home, spent an hour trying to find someone but they all were busy with other calls or didn't feel like helping. Finally called one last guy at 5:00 PM and he said he could help. I said can we do it tomorrow morning (Sunday) but he said no, he had to work in the morning, we needed to do it right away.

So I met up with him at the trail around 6:00 PM or so it was nice and dark by then. I was thinking it was going to be a real dog, bloodhound, black lab, something cool. It was a wired haired dachshund. In my mind I was thinking there's no way this little dog is going to make it in there or even be able to find a deer. It was a 1 1/2 mile walk back to where I had shot the deer, I think we started the tracking around 7:00 PM. The dog got on the track and followed the deer from the spot where he had been standing so long out to where I'd last seen him ready to cross the logging road. But each time we hit the logging road the dog wanted to walk up or down the road and not cross it. Probably was picking up the scent from my feet after my failed tracking attempt and me walking up and down the road looking for blood. So we'd start over from the beginning, and each time he would follow the buck perfectly out to where I had last seen him, so I knew he was on the right scent.

Finally I asked the tracker if he could force the dog to cross the logging road because I was sure the buck had done that. That's when the real tracking began, probably after 8:00 PM until we got the trail untangled and were making real headway.

I told you it is a long story.

I see the problem now: Dachshunds like to trail in the shade.

(Ref.: Old joke about Germans ... Don't make me explain it ... LOL )

My dog has no nos.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

LOL

See if you can add to the music thread ... My last post didn't catch my text and now it seems locked up for edits or replies...

I don't think Alex is some type of commie ...

"Change my mind ..."

You broke it. Can't see any way to respond to last music post. I did respond to previous music post but it's not showing.

I think it has to do with bits and bytes or something like that.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

We might have to put up the bat light. Alex is probably wrangling chickens or something.
    Zombie Response Team

Let's not hijack this thread. I will try to PM/post to Alex what I see on my side if others will please do the same.

Let me see if I have the anti-Midas touch and can destroy this thread as well, though.

Remember that I mean well...

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    We might have to put up the bat light. Alex is probably c̶h̶o̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶ wrangling chickens or something.

Fixed it for you ...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112