Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Electric Mountain Bike

Looking back through the thread, I think I see a mid-motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    If I recall, you bought a Rambo? Is it a rear-hub motor? How has it done on your inclines? (Note, please, that I am foregoing a few sarcastic jabs which I could [Insert Here] LOL )

Would be interested in what you have learned about accessorizing/hunting with the bike over time.

Yep, I got the Rambo. It is a mid drive with the motor below the pedal hub. The new models have flipped the motor up above the pedals which is a great idea. It gives you a bunch more ground clearance than what I deal with on the original model.

I was worried that it wouldn't pull some of the steep logging roads but I've found it has done really well. On 90% of our inclines, (not sure what % incline but the ones that are noticeably steep when you're walking) the bike goes up fine on the highest power level. But on the really steep inclines (the ones where you really feel it walking) you have to pedal assist to keep it moving smoothly.

But this is pedal assist and you really aren't working much at all. If you've ever ridden an ebike you know what I'm talking about. It's a strange feeling to be pedaling so easily without much effort when you're going up a very steep incline. 1st gear on 9 power is virtually effortless, you won't break a sweat doing it for a couple hundred yards.

I put a luggage rack on the back to haul treestands and to hook my bike cart up to. Only thing I'm changing for this season is to add mole skin to the rack. This will make it quieter and eliminate the metal to metal contact with the stands.

Like I said, game changer for me, I couldn't imagine hanging my stands without it now, it really makes my life easier that way.

Is it just me, or has that bike or similar gone up in price since you bought?

Amazing how much you can spend on an e-bike at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post

Is it just me, or has that bike or similar gone up in price since you bought?

Amazing how much you can spend on an e-bike at this point.

Yes, they've gone way up in price. I got the first generation 750c for $1,900.00 through Amazon. I see the 2nd generation bikes are selling for $3,000-$3,500.

QuietKat is probably the cadillac of ebikes and they are priced that way. If you really wanted to go cheap, the best thing to do would be to buy a decent used mountain bike and convert it into an ebike. I've seen the videos, and it isn't terribly hard. The hardest part is dealing with removing the pedals, it requires some special tools.

If I had to do it again, I would probably go that route. I enjoy those kind of projects...........at least until I can't get something put together or figured out. Then I'd want to throw it off a cliff.

I assume you're not really serious about getting one, just trying to feed a hunting related discussion, which I commend you for. May your tribe increase.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2bowhunt View Post
    May your tribe increase.

I really don't see the humor in that. Exploiting native Americans for your own personal gain is deplorable - unless you are at least 1024th native American.
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

If she wins I swear I'm blowing my head off.

I assume you're not really serious about getting one, just trying to feed a hunting related discussion, which I commend you for. May your tribe increase.

You get me ... LOL ...

If she wins I swear I'm blowing my head off.

Even letting her bury you up to the neck to entertain the scorpions and the fire ants seems like a good alternative to a Warren presidency... Not sure how often the Cherokees did that, though. But she could have learned along the path of many moons. I just don't know. I have not walked in her moccasins ...

These bad boys are $4300- $4900.

I guess the prescription for geezers in the backcountry who don't invest is to stay in really good shape...

Or more cowbell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_nJCIiantU

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456