Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Arrow Spine Tests

I thought that at the beginning of the video they showed one arrow being positioned different ways and giving consistent results. Or maybe it was different arrows showing different flex directions. Maybe I need to look at it again, LOL. In any event, I didn't notice/don't remember anything untoward.

But you're right: a head-to-head would be helpful.

I understand what you are saying. I watched the video many times and only grasped the main concept of what they were doing but got lost on their explanations and details. Head to head like you said.
    I believe in unicorns.

Bluecat, my point although misunderstood like most of my ramblings was that finding the stiff side or weak side was the important part because it allows you to consistently fletch and assemble the shaft which makes a consistent arrow. I don't think I was focusing on the fact that an arrow will roll onto it's stiff side when put in water, I didn't even care if it was stiff or weak side, just that you could identify the same side of an arrow by doing it.

Bob, I actually did the same thing with a hodge podge pile of arrows, different sizes, weights, fletch configurations etc and documented the results at 20yds. Out of about 30 arrows, there were probably 4 or 5 that didn't land within a 3" circle. It could have been me that caused it. Very surprised but that's understandable at closer ranges. Move back to 30 and you'll get a completely different result.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Bluecat, my point although misunderstood like most of my ramblings was that finding the stiff side or weak side was the important part because it allows you to consistently fletch and assemble the shaft which makes a consistent arrow. I don't think I was focusing on the fact that an arrow will roll onto it's stiff side when put in water, I didn't even care if it was stiff or weak side, just that you could identify the same side of an arrow by doing it.
    Ah, I think I hear you now.
    I believe in unicorns.

AND I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY NORWEGIAN HERE.

Bob, I actually did the same thing with a hodge podge pile of arrows, different sizes, weights, fletch configurations etc and documented the results at 20yds. Out of about 30 arrows, there were probably 4 or 5 that didn't land within a 3" circle. It could have been me that caused it. Very surprised but that's understandable at closer ranges.
    Of course. Depending on the arrow, the bow, the set up and a bunch of other factors the arrow flight doesn't completely stabilize inside the standard issue 20 yard archery shot.

Move back to 30 and you'll get a completely different result.
    We stepped back in 10 yard increments out to 50 (for those that were confident at that distance) and videotaped the accuracy radically decay. At 50 yards none of us (6) put it on the target let alone the bullseye.
    Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Ephesians 5:11

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Peck View Post
    Depending on the arrow, the bow, the set up and a bunch of other factors the arrow flight doesn't completely stabilize inside the standard issue 20 yard archery shot.
    Are you talking about any old arrow shot from any old bow, or are you talking about a semi-appropriate fletched arrow shot from a bow that is not completely screwed up?

If the latter, would you still say arrow flight is not "stabilized" within 20 yards?

If yes, how are you defining stabilization?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456