Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Events Topic(s) Of The Day Thread

Current Events Topic(s) Of The Day Thread

Donald Trump and Glenn Beck Coordinate Message Attacking Obama Refugee and Economic Policies:

Today's press release by the European Commission (the executive governing body of the European Union):

European Commission strengthens control of firearms across the EU

Short version:

A group of international terrorists acquire military arms and ordnance from the black market (just like the goons who shot up Charlie Hebdo) and use them to shoot/blow up over 100 already disarmed civilians in Paris. The EC concludes that the only rational thing to do is to clamp down harder on those mostly disarmed and law-abiding citizens by further restricting a bunch of things that had absolutely nothing to do with the massacre.

• Stricter rules to ban certain semi-automatic firearms, which will not, under any circumstance, be allowed to be held by private persons, even if they have been permanently deactivated;
    • Tighter rules on the online acquisition of firearms, to avoid the acquisition of firearms, key parts or ammunition through the Internet;
    • EU common rules on marking of firearms to improve the traceability of weapons;
    • Better exchange of information between Member States, for example on any refusal of authorisation to own a firearm decided by another national authority, and obligation to interconnect national registers of weapons;
    • Common criteria concerning alarm weapons (e.g. distress flares and starter pistols)in order to prevent their transformation into fully functioning firearms;
    • Stricter conditions for the circulation of deactivated firearms;
    • Stricter conditions for collectors to limit the risk of sale to criminals.
    Brilliant. It's always nice to be reminded that we in the U.S. don't hold a monopoly on that sort of "We must do something. This is something. Therefor, we must do this." pants-on-head stupidity.
    Don't go ninja-in' nobody don't need ninja-in'.
    - Diemon Dave

I heard that Josh Earnest today was spouting off that the French have been successful bombing due to the intelligence given to them from the United State. So....um...if we knew where they were, why weren't we bombing them?
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

DP, did you see where Professor Popoff hopes to spend the rest of of his presidency prioritizing gun control (when he's not busy staying on the right track elsewhere, I suppose)?

You have to admit the man's a fast learner, if nothing else.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/11/1...n-gun-control/

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    DP, did you see where Professor Popoff hopes to spend the rest of of his presidency prioritizing gun control (when he's not busy staying on the right track elsewhere, I suppose)?

You have to admit the man's a fast learner, if nothing else.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/11/1...n-gun-control/
    Eh...what does he care? His campaign worries are over, and the two dolts vying to be his heir are throwing themselves on that same political grenade already anyway. Quite frankly, I encourage both of them AND their party's members in Congress to keep pushing that agenda.
    - Diemon Dave

Glenn Beck might be a great TV and video equipment salesman, but no one beats Barry for firearms...

I see tonight that some moron down the road from me has Christmas lights up already...I guess when stores and ads are hyping Christmas before we've even had a chance to enjoy Halloween, there's no hope left for regular people anymore.

But then again, there might not be hope for regular people anymore, anyway...

Quarter of men believe they have 'man periods'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/healt...e-man-periods/

Well, I was feeling kinda' bloated this afternoon. On the other hand, that probably had something to do with the Indian bufffet I went to for lunch.
    - Diemon Dave

Did you have a mango lassi?
    Zombie Response Team

I write English not so well, but this thin string for sewing or fabric-making my funny wheel getickles. Baron von Schtupp

Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast